Sunday, July 8, 2012

A baby-less day...

Today my four beautiful girlfriends and I met up ...and I went babyless!! My husband is at home today so he offered to watch him because I believe it has become very obvious that I just need a couple of hours away from him. I missed him alot, but I was only gone for about 4 hours.

My friend lives in the mountains...I know I am getting close to her house when my car radio looses music and just turns to buzzing. It is very beautiful. I took this photo near her house.


I'm glad it was a nice day with no raindrops in sight. The road to her house goes around and around and around, so many twists and turns. I drove back in the dark going well under the speed limit, the locals all honked me...I'd rather be safe then sorrow.

In true form, we usually bring gluten-free snacks (gluten-free because 3 of my friends have gluten intolerance...the 4th is cutting it from her diet to see if it helps he asthma!). Cupcakes are our favourite treat, I had some time last night to quickly whip up a batch. Just vanilla, but I made the icing purple... I wish I could have made bright purple icing but it was not to be - I mixed red and blue...I think you probably have to buy purple to make it vivid. Oh well. The cupcakes were all finished so I know they didn't taste like crap (which often happens to my gluten-free food..)

It was a good day - awesome friends and a bit of a chin-wag. Can't ask for more than that!

New colour on my nails yesterday. This is China Glaze in "Tantalize Me". I'm not the best photographer and taking a photo at night using the light in your kitchen is probably not ideal. It's a beautiful pink/purple shade with sparking blue in the light, often giving it a more purple-y look. I added the stars with my new konad stamper.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment